History of St Patrick's

History of Saint Patrick’s Episcopal Church

1954 - Present

 

St. Patrick’s Mission was started in 1954 to fill the need for an Episcopal witness in the western part of Ouachita Parish. By 1955, a small group of people were meeting at the old Delta Cleaner’s warehouse located near the banks of the Ouachita River. Services were organized under the pastoral care of Grace Episcopal Church, Monroe. In 1956, the diocese granted mission status to St. Patrick’s and The Reverend James Marshall, curate of Grace, was called to be the first vicar. On March 2, 1996, St. Patrick’s became a parish at the 17th Annual Diocesan Convention that was held in Lake Charles. Today St Patrick’s continues as a vibrate, loving Church.


Contents © 2022 St. Patrick's Episcopal Church • Church Website Builder by mychurchwebsite.netPrivacy Policy